Sunday, October 2, 2011

June 19th, 2011

I am now 7 weeks pregnant and feeling pretty good. I've only gotten sick once, thankfully. I've been eating lots of small but frequent meals to help from getting nauseous.

Wes and I went to church this morning and celebrated the fact that Wes is now a father! Happy Father's Day Wes!!! The Father's Day sermon resonated with us and was way more meaningful now that there is a little life growing inside of me.  We thanked God for our father's and how much they've impacted our lives and supported us through the years. I know without a doubt that God has equipped Wes to be the absolute best father. Wes is learning and growing everyday and allowing God to shape and lead him in the right direction. I couldn't be more thankful to spend my life with my best friend and soul mate, but also to be the mother of his child!!

After church we went to one of our favorite restaurants, Olive Garden. Austin and David decided to join us as well. We then went over to Davids house for little while and I went to pick up a little "happy" gift for Wes...a Father's Day ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins! I was beyond excited to see "Happy Father's Day! written on a cake for WES!! I'm not sure who was more excited, me or Wes!

At 6:45 Wes and I went back to David's house to pick Ross up for a double date with Kathy, an adorable woman that works with Wes at Big Creek Construction. We all drove out to Lake Belton and ate at Deadfish Grill. It made for a wonderful first Father's Day!

"O Lord, my God, I will give you thanks forever!"
Psalm 30:12

No comments:

Post a Comment