Thursday, October 6, 2011

July 27th-July 30th

27th- My sweet baby sister has been in town visiting since Sunday and I've loved every second of her being here!! We have gone out several times on the river and Rach even learned how to wakeboard! She did great!

I had an 11:00 appointment with Dr. Wang today, but got a phone call while in the waiting room that brought all the fun to a screeching halt. Mom was calling to tell me that Nanny had taken a turn for the worst and wasn't doing well. After learning that Nanny didn't appear to have much longer on this earth, Rachel, Wes, and I dropped everything and started the drive to TN. It was a loong drive, especially when we were trying to make it before she went to her eternal home. Thankfully, we arrived around 2am and our Nanny was still alive. Infact, she opened her eyes when we came in and said, "I love you darlin'" to me. Such sweet words to hear. My heart was full of thanks that we made it and were able to tell her we loved her.

28th-30th- Our precious Nanny held on for 4 more days. Although it wasn't the way we wanted to see our Nanny leave this earth, I truly think she was comfortable as she made her transition to Heaven. She had all her children, grandchildren, and great-grand children surrounding her. I don't think she would have had it any other way. Not to mention she was in the comfort of her own home. We did experience many amazing things over the 4 day span. God is so good to His children, and I am very grateful for each experience we had over that week with Nan. Mom and aunt Cynthia came in to our room early Saturday morning to inform us that Nanny had gone to Heaven and was now with Jesus. She was finally 100% pain free and able to meet her mother for the first time! Again, this was extremely hard to hear, but at the same time, I couldn't help but to rejoice and thank God for the life my Nanny lived. She was indeed a "good and faithful servant" she taught me so many valuable lessons that I treasure greatly. One thing Nanny did well was LOVE others. She was so selfless and compassionate and lived out every day glorifying our Lord Jesus! She was and is the kind of woman I aspire to become! I've been asked before how I want to be remembered when I die, and my response is, "I want to be known as someone who loved deeply, who put others first, who honored God in her marriage, who raised her children in the way he/she should go, and who left a legacy. Someone who had no regrets, but worked at everything as if working for the Lord and not man. NOT just someone who was organized and had a clean house." Nan did it all, she is my mentor and I look forward to embracing her again in Heaven one day!





No comments:

Post a Comment