Monday, February 27, 2012

Awaiting Weston!

Wes and I finally reached January 24th, the night we would be admitted to the hospital to start labor!!! We were both super excited and ready! My bags had been packed for months now! We left the house at 4:30 to arrive at Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center Hospital at 5:00. We registered, got our hospital bracelets made, and were given a Labor and Delivery room!!

Shortly after getting settled, the nurses came in to explain the induction process and give me my comfy gown! Dr. Wang, my OB, showed up around 6:00pm to insert the cervadil which would soften my cervix to prepare for labor.

After we were all situated, mom, Rachel, Angie, and our sweet friend Anne Magers came up to visit and eat dinner with us. Wes, Mom, Angie, and Rachel enjoyed some Rosati's pizza, while I settled for broccoli cheese soup in a bread bowl from Panera. Anne had written down some encouraging scripture for me that Rachel copied onto the white board in my room. Unfortunately I wasn't able to visit long because they decided to give me a pill to help me sleep and I was out immediately after! (I was later grateful for that magic pill because I needed all the rest and strength I could get for what was to come!) Sometimes Dr.'s do know best!

No comments:

Post a Comment